Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I Hope Everyone Had A Great Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great and safe Thanksgiving!

Last week went so fast, I can barely remember what happened. However, I will try and recall a couple of highlights. First, we (my day job) were given the opportunity to take off any days we wanted to (as long as we had the time) but we had to make sure there was at least one person there to handle any emergency. I took Wednesday and Thursday because I wanted one day that others prolly wouldn’t have off.

Wednesday was a blast as I met friends (that I hadn’t seen in months) for lunch. We at a little local place called A Taste of Thai (we call it “A Taste of Thigh”) and I got a spicy rice combo dish that was just deelish! After that, we all went running around to different places to see if we could determine (by looking in overheads and storage areas) what would be on sale for the black Friday rush! All-in-all we had a great time.

Thursday? It was a day of resting and eating and then eating again. The entire family was together and we had a fabulous time!

Time now for a Depot update! I have told the story of the AC look-a-like and how no one can address a man with salt-n-pepper hair unless I have been notified first. Well, things are starting to look a little differently with this latest little game of cat and mouse!

A couple of weeks ago a young man (late 20’s to early 30’s) came in with his mom and dad and they were collecting color swatches for the rooms in the guys first home. It was a night when we were completely dead so I took some time to talk with them to get an idea of what he/they were looking for. Well, it turns out that the guy wants to go with all Earth tones for the walls and bring out color with accessories, furniture and pictures on the walls. I took time to get some of the magazines/books we have showing rooms decorated with many different styles but mainly concentrating on walls of color (I am not afraid to paint walls with bright colors). I basically just showed them different things and wanted them to think about it.

About a week later the guy came back in was looking at color swatches as the guy had said he was taking into consideration some of the things I suggested and entertaining using color. We talked a little about the room but the entire time my gaydar was pinging BIG TIME. So, I got a little busy and the guy left but not before saying goodbye.

Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving), I went into to see if I could find out the layout for the sale items on Friday (as I was going to be there when they opened to buy a couple of things) and whom do you think I ran into? The young guy! We talked for a little while and I had the same gaydar pinging thing and before I left, I told him that I worked all weekend and hoped to see him soon.

The guy came in Saturday and Sunday! I guess we will have to follow this to see how it plays out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Good luck with the prospective boy toy. *grin*

8:45 PM

 
Blogger mm said...

Yay Vols! Can't wait to hear more about this guy!

*smooch*

LOL @ "gaydar pinging"!

3:28 AM

 
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oooh! How exciting!

If we ever meet, can we go to Taste of Thigh?

10:54 AM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Ping!

*waits for the next chapter of the boy toy story*

12:46 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Carey, things are still brewing...I have an update butt will post it later tonight.

MM, my gaydar pings many times a day! :-)

Kim, we can go anywhere you want to go butt Taste of Thigh is high on my list right now...it is sooo yummy.


Nutz, later tonight...umkay?

5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home