Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Update on life

Life is going ok right now. I am sort of in a groove and have things heading in a direction...at last!

Things are going well at my day job except one thing. We have a new person in our department...she started yesterday. She seems to be a very nice lady but she wears those little half-like glasses and peers over them while I am talking to her. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY! I just want to smack her into next week and tell her to take the damn glasses off her face.

Things at the Depot is going fairly slow for the first part of this week. However, things are about to change. This holiday weekend is the biggest paint sale of the year. I have Monday thru Wednesday off but will put in 30 hours from Thursday to Sunday plus working my day job. I might find time to breath by next week.

Also, the weather has been very hot but today we are having severe storms blow through the area. There was just a warning roll across the screen that said part of the Knoxville area is getting hit with tennis ball size hail. WTF?

Hope everyone is doing fine and I was so happy to see Seahorse posting over to the other place!

13 Comments:

Blogger Zombs said...

Glad to see you Doc! Thanks for the heads up about a paint sale! We need paint!

Now how can I annoy the Home Depot paint guy?

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Lasann said...

*takes off granny glasses before posting*

I just caught up on your July and August posts. Your Depot job does give you a lot of funny siutations. Dealing with the public would be a patience test.

Good to hear about the day job. Are you getting enough rest?

11:13 AM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oooh! This could be my opportunity to grab some paint for the bedrooms!

Serious question... what family of colors should I be looking for to go with a lavender carpet? It is the multi-shade carpet. Currently the walls are lavender as well, but it's time for a change! I was thinking maybe a taupe. Our comforter and other bed stuff is jewel tones (purple, forest, navy) what do you think?

Glad the day job is going well!

*smooches*

2:36 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

zombs, it is really easy to annoy the paint guy...try putting products from other departments on top of paint cans, remove the cardboard between cans, ask many questions about items not found in the paint department and that should just about do it.

lasann, I don't know if I am getting enough rest or not...I am too busy to think about it.

nutz, I think a taupe or any color in that family would work wonders. Lemme think about it tomorrow while I am at work. I will look at the color names to give you an idea of what I am thinking. UMKAY?

7:10 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Thanks Vols! *smooch* You're the best!

9:58 AM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

nutz, I will post the names of some colors tomorrow. I left the list at work. URGH!

10:21 PM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

Doc! I was at Home Depot last night! Where were you? :) Oh that's right you live in another state.

Why does Home Depot not have that many shades of beige and brown?

*leaves nails on paint can and runs*

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

Doc! I was at Home Depot last night! Where were you? :) Oh that's right you live in another state.

Why does Home Depot not have that many shades of beige and brown?

*leaves nails on paint can and runs*

12:10 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

zombs, you just need the right paint guy to show all the shades of beige and brown we offer. Take a road trip and I will give you the full tour!

5:17 PM

 
Blogger ukrocks said...

Well I'm sure you'll like that paycheck with 30 hours. I hate new people sometimes as well.

I am also glad to see Seahorse back as well.

1:43 AM

 
Blogger Puffy said...

I was going to buy paint this weeeknd, too.

2:18 AM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Nutz, see what you think of Pismo Dunes.

10:54 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I will check it out Vols. Thanks!

Pismo Dunes reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he's talking about Pismo Beach. I love Bugs Bunny! He's wacky. I think that is a very fitting color for me.

9:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home