Saturday, October 14, 2006

Life at the Depot

Well, by the time I slept in till 10:30am and made breakfast it was noon! I then took a nap for an hour. I think I am finally awake enough to share a few things that have been going on in my world.

First, I had a Mexican for lunch on Wednesday and I brought home an order of chips and salsa. I just browned some hamburger meat and added it to the crock-pot with all the fixins for chili. NUMMY! The only time I get off the couch may be to get a bowl of chili…UMKAY?

My day job is still going fine. I have had a ton of meetings and feel like I haven’t been getting as much done as I should butt I am getting praises from the powers that be…we will see how this one holds up. So far? So good!

The depot is going well and where tons of stories have been taking place. I will share a couple now. There are five people that work in the paint department and three of us are gay. We have the older (not me by the way) gay guy that has been with his partner for 18 year next month, me being the middle aged guy and a young 23 year old whipper snapper.

The older guy cracks me up, as he is always getting into something funny. Last Saturday, he came to work with his forth cup of coffee in hand and it didn’t take butt about 30 minutes for the caffeine to kick in. The guy was up on the ladder flapping his arms to see if he could levitate…I still chuckle just thinking about it!

The younger guy reminds me of myself when I was in my 20s. He met a guy online from out of town and has traveled to visit him this weekend. I hope things go well for him. However, I really look up to him for knowledge of mixing paint as he has been with the Depot for a couple of years and is great at looking at a shade of color and being able to determine how to make it the color the customer wants…amazing!

I think I have finally trained everyone that when a man enters the department with salt-n-pepper hair they are to go NO WHERE near him before I approach him. A guy that reminds me so much of Anderson Cooper is a regular and came into the department last week and obviously had a couple of questions that someone needed to address. The younger guy in the department came and got me (I was facing product on another isle) so I could help the guy out. I answered all questions and he thanked me for all the help…about an hour later he came back because he said he “thought of a couple more questions”. We will have to see how this works out.

So, how are things going with yous guys?

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

I'm sorry Vols. I was waiting for the partay, but then had to go take a little nap. I have horrible congestion.

I love your Home Depot stories. *snort* @ you training the others to stay away from the salt-n-pepper guys. :)

Is there any chili left?

7:43 AM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

I hate to hear about the congestion...hope you get to feeling better soon. {{{HUGS}}}

I have a few more Depot stories as I will share later this week. I have to work tomorrow night butt will be off Tuesday. I will prolly update then.

Yes, chili coming out my armpits! I will have it a couple of days and then put it in the freezer.

Rainy week coming up...how bout u?

6:28 PM

 
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

LOL at the gay Home Depot paint department! Now, if only I could get Nate Berkus (sp?) to work at the one here... *drool*

Glad things are slowing down & you are able to relax a bit!

4:30 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Kim honey...Nate wouldn't have to work if he would only stand there and let me drool over him!

5:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home