Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Color Swatch Guy Saga...

A little bit of an update…

The guy that I mentioned in a previous post at work (out with cancer) is returning Monday and we are all excited to have him back. I know his family has been having a rough go of it and I hope this gives them the comfort and support they need.

The eating lady hasn’t been at it lately but we haven’t really had any food in the office either. However, I know over the next 3 weeks we will have plenty of goodies for her to munch on for days on end.

The day job is getting a little easier as I sort of feel better about knowing where things go and how they do things. Today was spent in a friggen Excel spreadsheet that went on for EVEH! By 3:30 my brain was jello and I was ready for it all to end.

I came home and cooked to help relieve some tension. I made a batch of sausage balls to take to work tomorrow and torture the lady of food! I think I will just go in and put the bowl on her desk and walk away…that would be cruel but really funny. No?

I do have a little bit-o-update on the Depot guy…Last night I met my parents at the Cracker Barrel for dinner and after that I decide to go to the Depot to see if my schedule had changed (which this happens almost on a daily basis and we are told to check in often because of the frequent changes). I enter the building and go straight to the break room where the schedule is located and find that I am still on for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

However, I decided that I also wanted to go check in the department to see if there was going to be a class tonight (ever so often they offer a tips class to show customers better ways of doing things). As I approach the counter, I look over my shoulder and whom do I see? You guessed it! The color swatch guy (his new nickname) was standing there on his cell phone and we sort of locked eyes with each other at the same time…whoever he was talking to wasn’t that important as he looked at me and immediately told them that he would have to call them back later. We chatted for a few minutes as I was asking what colors he had used and what was left to paint and when I got ready to go he told me that I would definitely see him this weekend as he had a lot of stuff to buy…

The color swatch guy saga continues!

8 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Yay! He came back! This sounds good Vols!

*crosses fingers that color swatch guy "has long toes"* ;-)

4:45 AM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

You lost me after sausage balls.

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Off topic: just wanted you to know that this week's theme on Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour (on XM Radio) is "Tennessee."

And it's not all country!

12:45 AM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

The true test will be... what does swatch guy do when his house is completely decorated? Will he come back and change all the colors, just to see you? *grin*

10:34 AM

 
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I'm totally enthralled by the the color swatch guy. This could be a movie.

*snort* You said sausage balls.

3:45 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

MM, he came back yesterday (Sunday). I will update later!

7:33 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Sorry, hit enter too damn quick...

zombs, the sausage balls were a huge hit at work...I took the leftovers. NUMMY!

cygnus, I missed it. Was it good?

Nutz, we will see butt so far he has come by everytime that I told him I was working.

boo, you will PAY for that!

Kim, {{{HUGS}}}

7:35 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

It was, as a matter of fact! Dylan made mention of the *five* state songs that TN has (I did not KNOW that!). Many tunes were about Memphis, a couple were about Nashville, and I don't remember if any were about Knoxville. There were even tunes by Mott the Hoople and Arrested Development.

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home