Monday, May 29, 2006

And so the week begins

WHEW! Where in the hell did our holiday go? It seems just like yesterday was Friday. URGH…I guess it is back to work we go.

I went to my bosses’ house on Friday and played poker. He had made dinner as we had shrimp scampi and grilled beef tenderloin. The meal was very tasty and hit the spot. There are 15 people in our company and 9 showed up…the fun 9 ifyouknowwhatimean! I stayed until around midnight and was only the second person to leave. Was that too early?

Saturday rolls around and I was sick. I had a stomach flu/virus that just about did me in. I took some medication that the doctor had prescribed when I got food poison little over a year ago. It settled my stomach and put me to sleep. I slept all afternoon and started feeling better that night.

My family had planned a picnic in a little secluded park in Gatlingburg for Sunday. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to make it but I did but I didn’t get to eat everything I wanted in fear of it upsetting my stomach. I ate mashed potatoes and a couple of rolls from KFingC…that was really all I thought I could eat without upsetting the ole tummy.

I have been busy today cleaning the house, car and clothes. The temps have gone from the lower 50s (as highs) to 90 degrees today with hella lot of humidity. I was outside for about an hour and half to wash the car and was completely drenched in sweat by the time I finished.

I hope everyone has a great start to the work week!

9 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

It was 91 here yesterday, after being in the 60's last week. Phew... hot!

Hope your tummy is better!

*smooch*

10:24 AM

 
Blogger arkie said...

Thought about you last night when I was watching "Fresh Meat". This is going to be a goooood season!

1:32 PM

 
Blogger mm said...

Sorry you were sick, Vols. It's nice that it's warming up, but I hate it when we go from one extreme to another, without the nice "in-between" weather that I prefer.

*smooches*

2:47 PM

 
Blogger Glowie said...

I'm just going to ditto MM. *smooch*

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Lasann said...

ARe you the only one your boss poisoned?

Good wishes to you mom. That symptom must be miserable.

It's hot in the mid-west. I left Arizona with a temperative of 94 Sunday and arrived in Ohio with a temperature of 86. It was much hotter in Ohio.

4:56 PM

 
Blogger Schnookie said...

I wish it would cool down a bit but that's not likely to happen for the next few months. When I got in the car yesterday to drive home, the temperature gauge read 108 degrees. And, the seats are leather *OUCHY*

Sorry you got sick Vols and weren't able to enjoy all the foods at the family picnic.

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

I love the heat! Of course ask me that in a few months when my belly is swelled out and so are my ankles!

I miss you! What shows should we be watching this summer?

11:10 AM

 
Blogger Ben O. said...

Pretty good week so far - those temps are interesting.

Ben O.

2:39 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

...and now? the week is ending! Yay!

7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home