Saturday, May 20, 2006

An update on many things

Sorry for the delay in updating but it has been busy and I have had a bad case of the blahs.

FAMILY

My nephew that’s in high school has been playing in the state baseball playoffs over the last couple of weeks. He is going to the same high school that I went to and the baseball team had never made it out of the region tournament. My nephew’s team made it past the region and was one game away from going all the way to the final playoff. They lost last night 4-1 and my nephew hit the home run that was the one run. It was a great run and they had a terrific season. CONGARATS!

My mom has been going to doctors (many different ones) over the past few months trying to find out why her mouth has been so dry that her tongue is splitting open and looking terrible! Friday some test results came back and the doctor has diagnosed her with having Sjogren’s Syndrome. More tests have to be done next week to determine if it is a primary or secondary disease. If it is a primary disease then there isn’t much to do but treat it with medication. If it is a secondary disease then the search begins to find out if she has rheumatoid arthritis (which I don’t think this is it), scleroderma or lupus.

FRIENDS

One of my bestest friends has been in Paris for the past week and got home today with a terrible cold. Actually, I think it is something more like strep throat as he is having a difficult time just swallowing (with no food/water in his mouth). I hope he goes to the doctor because he doesn’t need to give it to everyone!

WORK

I had been doing fairly well at work until I had a run of 2 and a half weeks of selling absofreakinlutely nothing! I was beginning to get down on my job and then Thursday and Friday were the last straws…I hit rock bottom and basically did nothing Friday but stare off into space.

ME

I took last night to really mope and just have a pity party so today I have concentrated on getting things going by staying active and just being positive overall. I went to Wallyworld with my parents, went to eat at KFingC and then cut the grass. I then treated myself to some of my favorite slutty things to do to get me in a better mood (I won’t go into it here but it will be another post later).

WHAT NEXT?

Well, I am promising myself that I am going to better at getting around the blogs and updating on a more timely manner. I think getting around to the blogs will help with my mood swings and keep my mind off other things that have been bringing me down. I don’t know if my sister will go with my mom to the doctor next week and if not then I will. However, everyone please think good thoughts for her!

{{{HUGS}}} to everyone!

8 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

*hugs* I hope things pick up, Doc. I'm sending good thoughts to your Mom.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Puffy said...

Boy, you have a lot on your plate now. Positive thoughts headed your way. *smooch*

2:32 AM

 
Blogger Schnookie said...

*HUGS*

Sending good thoughts your way Doc. I do hope your mom will be ok.

It does sound like you've been in a major funk. You do have the right thinking though to try to stay positive. And yes, do visit us more so we can hold your hand and help you get through this.

*MORE HUGS*

3:25 PM

 
Blogger Tony said...

Ewww! I just googled that Sjögren's syndrome and your mom should be ashamed of herself for getting that! ICK!!!!




just kidding. I hope things quiet down for you and you get some time to relax. Sheesh, buddy....

***MAJORBIGHUGS***

6:13 AM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Congrats to nephew!

{{{hugs}}} for mom. :(

...and for you too.

12:17 PM

 
Blogger ukrocks said...

Sending good vibes to you! I

5:35 PM

 
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

{{ man hugs }} , hope you get over your case of the blogs. Maybe you should tell us your favorite slutty treats, I bet that would be an interesting post.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger mtw said...

{{{HUGS}}}

Let *us* cheer you up Doc!

2:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home