Saturday, April 08, 2006

Big hail is hell

Last night? I got skeered! I don’t if you guys heard of the strong storms that passed through Tennessee yesterday but we got hammered for the second time in 5 days.

Middle Tennessee had tornados that touched down and caused more than 10 deaths. However, here in East Tennessee we saw strong storms produce hail the size of softballs! Seriously, have any of you ever seen softballs falling from the sky? The hail caused many injuries and car problems.

One of the local news stations has been asking for people to send in pictures of the hail and storm damage. The pictures are truly amazing. I have never seen hail the size of some of the stuff they are showing. I will post pics if the station puts them on their Web site.

Also, I have family in from New York this weekend! Some of may remember me telling the story of how my dad and his cousin got separated when they were 8 years old. Then, after 62 years of not having any contact they were reunited last year…well both families are getting together this weekend to greet and meet. I have been chatting with these peeps online for over 8 months and am looking forward to meeting them all!

Have a good one!

8 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Yeesh! Glad you are okay!!!

11:12 AM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Tony...I think the bad weather skipped over Arkansas yesterday and just blasted us. No?

11:42 AM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Eeeek! Stay safe!

Have a great time with the family visit! How cool that you are getting to see them!

10:51 PM

 
Blogger Tony said...

we got very little, thus far. thankfully.

still tho, i hate the weather this time of year. i've said it before and I will say it again... it never really just rains. it always seems to be 90% chance severe with 10% chance armegeddon.

sucks

6:29 PM

 
Blogger Swami said...

I've seen walnut-sized hail, never baseball sized. And I never want to. I would think that baseball-sized hail could kill you if it hit your head just right!

I do remember once speeding home because the car radio said a major hailstorm was coming, and seconds after I pulled into the garage the hail stones hit! So glad my car didn't get all pock-marked!

I hope you had a hail free weekend with your family, Vols!

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

Can't wait to hear about seeing the family.

12:13 PM

 
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Glad to hear you didn't have too many problems with the storms. Most wind and a bit of rain here.

When you mentioned your dad and cousing got separated when they were 8 y/o I was about to what part of alabama you were from *grin* but it's too sweet of a story to kid about.

3:35 PM

 
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Wow, glad you made it through the storms!

Have a fun time with the family this weekend! Sounds fantastic!

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home