Monday, March 27, 2006

The Nookies and Vols do dinner.

The peep meet went off without a hitch! Nookie called me around 5pm on Saturday and we made plans to meet around 6:30pm for dinner.

I met Nookie and Mr. Nookie at a local Italian restaurant. The Nookies had decided it was very important to have pasta for the pre-marathon meal. There was a 45-minute wait and we decided to leave and go looking else where for our dinner. We moved on down the street a little ways to another Italian place and there was an hour wait there. We then settled in across the street at Cozymel’s. The Nookies hadn’t eaten there and there was hardly a wait so we settled in.

I ordered a grilled chicken breast with baked potato and grilled veggies. Mr. Nookie ordered a shrimp pasta dish with Nookie ordering a chicken pasta dish. Both dishes looked deeelish and I think everyone was pleased.

We sat and talked about you all for a little while and then Mr. Nookie decided it was time to go because they had an early morning on the horizon. I left the Nookies and headed home but not before our server snapped a couple of pics. I look like a beached whale but I guess we will have to wait for Nookie to post.

BTW: there have been no news stories of a lost female wondering the streets of Knoxville after the marathon so I am almost certain Nookie is safe!

17 Comments:

Blogger mtw said...

Yay! Peep meets are the best :D

I had a pastrami sandwich and fries at my peep meet. And a wheat beer, with a wedge of lemon. Yum!

So, what did you guys say about ME?

7:43 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Peep meets are the bestest! I agree.

However, I can only say that we talked about your peep meet as well. Other than that...Nookie will have to comment!

{{{HIGS}}}

8:50 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

10:05 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

LMAO!

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

Nookie is never gonna post the pictures. She does not know how to in her blog!

8:09 AM

 
Blogger Schnookie said...

*waves*

I'll have to email you the pic so that you can post it on your blog. *stomps foot because her blog won't let her post pics*

*smooooooooooooch* You DO NOT look like a beached whale *WHACK*

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

*points up*

See I told you!

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

Can't wait to see the pics.

10:27 AM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Go ahead and email the pics Nookie...I forgot!

And yes...I do look like a beached whale.

11:54 AM

 
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*eagerly waits for pics*

LOL at not seeing any news reports of a lost Nookie. :-)

3:45 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*waits for pics*

Hay Nookie... if you need help with those pics and e-mail and stuff, maybe you can go to MNTI: the Mr. Nutz Technical Institute! *grin*

8:27 PM

 
Blogger Lasann said...

Volsfan is having on hell of a year, aren't you. I am vetty gellous.

1:53 PM

 
Blogger Puffy said...

Did you go down to the site of the marathon runners and pass out water to the Nookies?

1:35 AM

 
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I'm gellus!

12:40 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Geezus! Where are the pictures already?

3:32 PM

 
Blogger Bravie said...

I'm sooo jealous. Hopefully one day I'll get to meet the Doc. I have been lucky enough to meet Nookie and would love to meet Mr. Nookie.
*smooch* Glad you had a great time.

7:14 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Carey, we will meet one of these days. I can feel a San Fran vacation coming on.

Nutz...had I known Nookie had trouble downloading pics from a camera I would have stolen the thing and posted them already!

*smooch* Nookie!

7:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home