Saturday, April 29, 2006

I don't like the domino affect...

When it comes to housework…I hate the domino affect! Oh, you know what I am talking about, the one thing that leads to another. Well, today has been just that for me and I am tired of it all.

I blame my two best friends for this unfortunate event! Last night, my two best friends called to say they were on their way to a bar to get some drinks and wanted to know if I would come visit with them. I refused at first but then I found out they were coming to a bar that isn’t even a half-mile from my house. I could walk home if I had to but that wouldn’t be necessary as I only had a few drinks in like 3 hours. I had a good buzz but nothing major as I came home and slept like a baby!

I get up this morning not with a hangover but dehydrated from hell! So, while making breakfast I drink like a half gallon of water and after eating feel fairly well…all things considered.

I was going to spend most of the day just hanging out and rejuvenating myself from a long week of work. Around 11am I am lying on the sofa watching Paula Dean on The Food Network when I get an idea that I will have a Bloody Mary as I have everything on hand to make it.

I get up to go make the drink and open the refrigerator door to get the Spicy V8 juice out and Kahlua (my dog) had snuck up behind me and trips me as I am stepping away from the refrigerator. However, the V8 bottle lid is the only thing that made it out of the refrigerator with my hand. The first thing I think of is to save enough of the V8 to make my drink and I grab the bottle with plenty left. I didn’t notice at the time of the mess the tomato juice had made all over the inside of my refrigerator.

After making the drink I knew I had to clean up the mess. A mess that had me take EVERYTHING out of the refrigerator and wipe it down (tomato juice everywhere) and clean the insides of the entire refrigerator. URGH! The only good thing is that I found only one thing molded…a half pack of pepperoni that had fallen out of the crisper drawer and couldn’t be seen until the drawer was removed.

A couple of hours later with a second Bloody Mary caused me to take a little nap before a late lunch. Now? I am restless. I think I will go to the grocery store.

11 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Don't drink and clean! *grin*

Do what they say, say what they mean
One thing leads to another
You tell me something wrong, I know I listen too long
But then one thing leads to another
One thing leads to another...

6:42 PM

 
Blogger mm said...

LOL! You're so cute, Vols!

*Smooch*

3:44 AM

 
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Awww, Kahlua was just coming up to the fridge to get a treat...

I've only tried a Bloody Mary once. I did not like it at all, and that is strange because usually I will drink whatever drink you put in front of me.

5:24 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Nutz, I am thinking I should clean while drinking...the fridge is absolutely spotless. I am afraid to even open the door...dust might fall in!

MM, *SMOOCH*

HD, Kahlua lvoes lvoes to stand in front of the fridge and sniff. She has never really bothered to stick her head in the fridge...just stands outside and sniffs. I have a dog just like me...STRANGE!

7:32 PM

 
Blogger Puffy said...

Tomato juice is supposed to get rid of the smell of skunks, so you're lucky just in case a skunk gets in your fridge.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger arkie said...

*smooch*

I've only tried a Bloody Mary once. Like HD, I really didn't like it, and so unlike me, I actually left over half of it in the glass. Usually, I don't believe in wasting alcohol.

11:47 PM

 
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yeah, shouldn't Kaluha be cleaning up any spills?

12:16 PM

 
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Oh, Arkie, I left more than half of that Bloody Mary in the glass. Second and last time anything of that sort happened...

1:54 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

I don't know what arkie and HD are talking about...I have NEVER left liquor anywheres.

Drinking is like sex...the worst drink I ever had was pretty good!

7:14 PM

 
Blogger Tony said...

all day all day
watch them falling
all day all day
domino dancing

10:56 PM

 
Blogger Lasann said...

I.hate.when.that.happens.

10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home