Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bitch Session Anyone?

First off…Easter Sunday! I went to my parents where the whole family gathered for lunch. My sister had picked up a honey-baked ham so all I had to do was cook the vegetables. I had green beans, cream style corn and wilted spinach (just wilted it in skillet with EVOO, garlic and added parm cheese when I plated it). I also made 3 loaves of sour dough bread that turned out scrumptous. Mom had an apple pie and we put ice cream on top for dessert.

There was one loaf of bread leftover and my sister and I made hoe made croutons with it. I melted butter and infused garlic and onion to give it a very nice taste. We brushed the bread with the butter and baked until crispy. YUMMY! I have been eating on them for two days now. Anyone want some?

Work? Is busy as ever. We have a new receptionist and what can I say but she is an idiot. The woman is the biggest tool (or waste of air depending on your view point) I have ever seen.

EXAMPLE #1:

Today, I was at the fax machine that is beside her desk in the reception area. The phone rings and at the top of her lungs she screams, “SOMEBODY GET THAT!” Needless to say, no one answered and after three rings she had to stoop so low as to answer it…even though that is her job!

EXAMPLE #2:

I had a customer that had ordered a microscope from us and I filled out all the paperwork that would allow our distributor to ship the product to its final destination. The paperwork (which is a digital order form which she prints off and fills out the actual paperwork that goes on the boxes…I think she prints them off the computer but we do not have access to it) I filled out made it very clear that the customer was paying for UPS GROUND shipping. The next afternoon I was greeted with an irate customer that had been billed $595 for NEXT DAY AIR shipping!

The bill was retrieved and she had filled out an AIR BILL that didn’t even have “GROUND” as an option.

Television? Nutz and I are keeping the TAR and Apprentice going with Estee. Sometimes I think we are the only three actually watching. What are you watching?

Also, Congrats to JIMBO on his new addition!

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Hi Volsy!!! *smoooooooches*

I miss you so much! :)

The Apprentice? *rollseyes* Some of those peeps on the GD board are as notsobright as your receptionist! *grin*

Anyway, Easter dinner sounds divine! Gimme some of those croutons!

8:30 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh! I'm loving TAR so much, but I miss it being on Tuesdays. Wednesday seems too far away to wait. *pout*

8:30 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Nutz...I miss u too! We need to email each other more often.

You can have as many croutons as you want! I am so full of 'em and there are plenty-o-leftovers.

I am with you on the The Apprentice board. IDIOTS ABOUND!

I am with HD...I lvoes me some ambiguously gay frat boys. HEHEHE!

8:47 PM

 
Blogger Puffy said...

I tagged you on my blog. Go check it out!

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home