Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Are you hooked on something?

Carey’s post reminded me of something I have been meaning to bring up a few times now and keep forgetting. Do you all have things that you are addicted to? I guess we all do but do we realize that we really do HAVE to have these things?

While I was unemployed and cooking to make my living I had bad habits. I stayed up late, played online (places I shouldn’t have been) and drank too much. However, those things went by the wayside when I started the job (I know some of you are tired of hearing about my new job so this is about something else!) and new things emerged. Well, actually some things were there but I didn’t realize just how much I relied on doing them every single day. Something I have found that really helps ease the day is the Sudoku puzzles that appear in the paper daily.

I share an office with a guy that is about my age and we found out on the second day of work that we both enjoy doing the puzzle. Now? We race during lunch to see who will finish the puzzle first. I came home last night and downloaded a puzzle from the Web site and did it while watching The Gauntlet and The Olympics. Do you all like the Sudoku puzzles?

Well, I would like to hear about the things you guys do every single day and enjoy doing it. Also, tomorrow or when I don’t have anything to say, I will tell you the story about my soon to be next-husband!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

I love the Sudoku. My Mom, brother and Breezy got me into them. So fun.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

I like all of 'em cept those damn "diabolical" ones. The ones where you have to guess the number and then guess the other 3 around it...drives me nutz!

7:01 PM

 
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

vols has a crush, vols has a crush!!!!

I'm addicted to grocery & girly stuff shopping. I love doing it. If I'm bored, I get the urge to go grocery/girly stuff shopping...even if I don't need anything. I love reading labels. This is fun for me. I've had to curtail it so that I don't break the bank.

I need help. And I'm totally lame.

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

I have never played sudoku.

My habit ever day is blog.


Your soon to be future husband? New man? I'm so excited. Can't wait to hear this story.

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Lasann said...

Every day I get up, smoke, shower, mask my face, straightening my hair, smoke, get a coke out of the fridge and get into my car. I drive to work, smoke, walk into work. I go to blogs, eat a breakfast bar, smoke, blog, smoke, go to the fitness center at work, eat cheese crackers w/peanut butter, smoke, go to OT, smoke. My Dbf gets to work and we smoke, I clean up my desk and drive home. Once there I get on the internet and check the blogs (while smoking 'cause I'm home now), pet the cats, smoke, turn on the bathtub faucet slightly so my fat cat can get fresh water, smoke, watch TV, smoke, get a big glass of water to take upstairs. Once upstairs I smoke, sometimes do internet stuff, watch TV, read a book (all while smoking). Then I sleep.

REPEAT.

Is this what you wanted to know?

1:06 PM

 
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

*waiting to hear about the next husband*

11:47 AM

 
Blogger yvonne said...

I love Sudoku! Love it. I go several of the ones on AOL Games every day.

So now, let's hear about the next-husband.

7:13 PM

 
Blogger mtw said...

I love Sudoku.

The story isn't about me, is it?

7:45 PM

 
Blogger lights said...

This is funny Vols! I was going to blog about Sudoku myself!

My Mom was telling me at Christmas how hooked she was on it. She even got a computer version of it as a gift. I had never even heard of it until then.

Our local paper now has the puzzles every day so I will often do one while I'm watching the soaps and reading the paper after work.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one hooked on them.

10:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home