Sunday, February 19, 2006

Honey Bun

k folks…time to share! My new work mates will be very surprised tomorrow as I am going to surprise them with a cake to nibble on all day. Most of the peeps eat in almost everyday or at least walk down the street and bring it back to eat in the break room. Almost none of them eat breakfast but I am going to make this:

CAKE:
1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
¾ cup oil
8 oz sour cream
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
Cinnamon to taste

GLAZE:
1 cup confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons milk

Mix together first 4 ingredients until creamy. Pour half the mixture into greased and floured 9X13 inch cake pan. Separately mix together brown sugar and cinnamon to taste. Sprinkle over cake batter in pan. Cover with remaining half of cake batter. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. When you remove from oven use toothpick to poke several small holes in cake. Pour glaze over top while still warm.

Taste just like a huge honey bun!

15 Comments:

Blogger volsfan said...

Just be sure and watch the cake as it bakes and make sure the bottom doesn't get too done.

Yeah, it is a small office with 9 peeps. There are 7 guys and 2 gals and everyone seems to get along very well...as for now!

4:14 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Mmmm... If they don't eat it, you can send it to me!

Seriously, they will love you for bringing in a treat! Way to fit right in there, ya newbie. *grin*

4:25 PM

 
Blogger Puffy said...

Sounds yummy and easy to make!

4:39 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Nutz and Puffy...it is so easy to make and I have never had anyone say they didn't like it. I may wait till Tuesday to take it because I don't feel like cooking tonight!

6:00 PM

 
Blogger ukrocks said...

Sounds yummy!

6:35 PM

 
Blogger Tony said...

Sounds like a great treat!! YUM!

7:22 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

I'm going to try this. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds yummy!

So did you talk to Twisted about the hospital in Oklahoma?

8:49 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Tony...WELCOME!

Sonya yes, we have gone back and forth with a couple of emails.

I made the cake after all...guess the work mates are having sweets for breakfast.

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

Hey there ya big honey bun!

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

Hey there ya big honey bun!

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Bravie said...

I like to lick the frosting off honey buns. *grin*

11:13 AM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

I wish you were my co worker so I could try some. LOL!

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Seana said...

Oooo! I'd like some too. Too bad Mondays and Tuesdays are my busy days. If I want to make this, I'll have to wait until Wednesday.

*smooch* to vols, 'cause I haven't done that in a while.

12:55 PM

 
Blogger Schnookie said...

Awwwwwww aren't you sweet!

Sounds so yummy. Any cake with brown sugar in it is tops with me. My fave is upside down pineapple cake.

2:03 PM

 
Blogger arkie said...

I hope you notice this comment... I was going to make this cake, but I'm one of those people who has to have everything listed exactly. "Cinnamon to taste" - how much do you normally use? I wouldn't know where to start. 1/2 tsp? 1 tsp? HELP ME, Please!

6:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home