Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A few thougts...

I hadn’t said anything about something that has been driving me nuts (not Nutz) because I have never had a problem like this before. Saturday, I lay around the house and enjoyed basketball games while it snowed outside. I didn’t sleep well that night but I thought it was because of the fact I didn’t really get off the sofa much all day. Monday night rolls around and I get about 4.5 hours of sleep (not bad but considering I got less sleep the night before I was dragging by Monday afternoon). Tuesday was my class and I was on the go until around 3pm and once I slowed down I got tired but put off going to rest on the sofa until time for bed. I had decided to wait and go to bed when I was really really sleepy…the late news came on AFTER the Olympics went off at 11:30pm before I knew what time it was and I was still WIDE awake. I finally fell asleep for good around 4:15 this morning and was suppose to get up at 6am but I slept in till 6:30am!

So, since Saturday night I may have gotten around 8 hours of sleep total! At work today, I was dragging BIG time around 3-4pm…I got a Coca Cola for some caffeine and that helped until I left around 5:30pm. If I don’t get better sleep tonight I will be a zombie (and not in the good way) tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Also, I have said much but the company I work for sales hospital supplies and services to hospital, walk-in clinics and physicians offices. I have cover 5 states and was wondering if anyone in these states works for or know someone that works in these fields…Wisconsin (Weltek, Nolay, Dragonflies)??? Oklahoma, Indiana, Nevada or Washington (Cyndiamaus or Jimbo)? I am not looking for anyone to actually give me business more than I am looking for someone that could say, “hey…listen to what this guy is pushing”. Hey…it never hurts to ask!

I am off to other blogs and don’t know if I will make it to OT tonight but if these states ring a bell with someone you chat with over there please tell them to drop me a red wavy flagy thingy if they can help.

Also, happy hump day everyone!

BTW: Kahlua waited until the wee hours of VD to give me my present…around 2:17am (but who looked at the clock) Kahlua thought it was very urgent to leap from the center of the bed (barking as loud as she could while in mid-air) and practically bounce off the window a good 3 feet away. She continued to bark (the GET.OUT.OF.MY.DAMN.YARD bark!) so I got up and open the blinds. We were greeted with a really cute beige cat sitting looking at us about 3 feet away! After my heart dropped back into my chest from my throat I opened the door and made the cat go away. Kahlua stood guard another 45 mins just to make sure I was safe from said cat!

14 Comments:

Blogger Seana said...

Oh my gosh, vols! A cat in your yard? You are so. lucky. your dog warned you. That cat might have sat there. Or sniffed something! I'm glad you're safe. :D

Kaluha is a good dog. Our dog used to defend us from odd noises outside and squirrels on TV. But not dinosaurs on TV. She wasn't stupid, after all.

Hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight.

11:36 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Do you think maybe you were stressed about the new job? ... or excited about it? That could've been the cause of the not sleeping so much. It's a big change for you!

*pouts* that NJ is not in your territory.

*pats Kahlua* Good dog!

7:50 AM

 
Blogger Bravie said...

I can sympathize with the no sleep thing. It happens to me all the time and I've just sort of gotten used to it.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

Hope you get some rest. I feel bad for you. Hope work continues to go well.

If you go to Twisted (link on my sidebar for peeps on my blog) he works for a major hospital in Oklahoma. I think he works in the IT dept, but might be able to give you a contact or something. He is a real cool guy. Hope that lead helps you.

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

Yes Doc I think that your new job is causing the sleeplessness. Just a big change and I am sure it will settle down.

There is a bad way to be a zombie? *boggle* :)

10:47 AM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Thanks Sonya! I will pick up on that tonight.

Just taking a break for lunch and checking in. I slept better lastnight 5 hours uninterrupted! That isn't the best for me but it will do.

*whacks* Zombs!

11:43 AM

 
Blogger twizted said...

Vols
Like Sonya said I do work for a hospital in oklahoma.
Send me an email if you would like
morallytwizted@gmail.com

12:12 PM

 
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*scratches Kalhua behind the ears*

Wow, you've got to get some sleep! Try some OTC drugs for a few days, just to get you back on track.

I work at UW Hospital & Clinics in Madison...but not FOR them. I work for the School of Nursing. What kind of products do you sell? Perhaps I could find a connection. And then? Vols could come to visit!

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Chuck said...

Sorry you've been having trouble sleeping. Try some Tylenol PM...works for me, especially mixed with a good amount of Skyy and water! ;-)

Take care.

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Nights like that you wish you had a mute button for the dog! ;-) But hey, the cat might have been a dangerous one, so it's better off to play it safe...

My only hospital contact is a lady at my church who is a nurse.

5:25 PM

 
Blogger mtw said...

I can't help too much because I never have trouble sleeping once my head comes into contact with a pillow.

My problem latelt has been staying up *way* too late, *way* too often.

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Lasann said...

Sorry about the sleep problem. I'm supposed to be resting tonight (from the trip) but I'm here. Blogs are keeping me awake!

7:31 PM

 
Blogger arkie said...

At least Kahlua was warning you about something dangerous like a cat. Arkieboy had a dog that would bark at wasps and bees.

Hope the sleep thing gets better.

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

I told Twisted he might be hearing from you.

12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home