Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Funny but sad

I don't know how closely anyone follows college sports but my University of Tennessee football team has had a terrible season. Their first losing season since 1988 and their offense has been sickening.

One of the things the university does each year is they negotiate with a local grocery store to donate a turkey to the Second Harvest Food Bank (they help feed the homeless/needy) for every touchdown scored during the season. All SEVEN turkeys were delivered to the food bank yesterday.

Why bother? GEEESH! I think the university should foot the bill for more turkeys. They have a budget of only 53 million dollars for next year.

*boggle*

4 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Sorry I only follow UT (TEXAS).

2:44 PM

 
Blogger ukrocks said...

I think we might beat you all for the first time since the 1970's this year. But then again it wouldn't surprise me if we get crushed.

5:41 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

The only thing that gives me hope for my team is that UK is the worse run defensive team in the conference. With the way our QB's have played this year I bet we will try and run the ball until you stop us!

5:56 PM

 
Blogger ukrocks said...

We have an awful run defense. Most temas get over 200 yards against us. I hope Little runs all over the place. He's the next great thing at UK!

11:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home