Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm surrounded with idiots

This time of year my mom and I get together and make tamales. We always make 5-6 dozen to freeze and eat throughout the winter. Today was the tamale-making day so I headed off to the grocery store to get the tamale papers.

I get to the store and find the papers fairly quickly so I go to the front of the store where I had anticipated on going through the self-checkout lane. There was someone in that lane and the lady over in customer service saw that I only had one item and said she could help me. I walk over and lay the papers on the counter and she looks at them and says, “Tamale papers…you gonna make tamales?” I went along with the stupidity but what else did she think I was going to do with tamale papers. I wanted to say “No, I am going to use them to wipe my butt the next time I take a dump!”
Idiots…idiots

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

I think you should use them to make big cigars!

(...or those "other" kind of cigars.) *wink*

We are all surrounded by idiots on a daily basis, my dear.

5:49 PM

 
Blogger arkie said...

Hmmm, I wonder what I would find if I googled for "uses for tamale papers"...

I'll be back! *grin*

9:18 PM

 
Blogger Seana said...

Oh! That's another song for Nookie's car tunes thread:

Stuck in the Middle with You

Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle with you


And I want to know what arkie found on her search.

12:49 AM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

Two Hot Tamales!

6:41 AM

 
Blogger arkie said...

Well, there are a few people whose last name is Tamale, and they have written papers. And I found lots of recipes for tamales. I gave up after looking at the first 10 pages of hits.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Seana said...

*points up*

How come my icon-y thing didn't post?

10:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home