Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Things that make you go hmmmm...

I don't want all my post to be downers but I found out something today that has just amazed me and is sad too.

My uncle on my father's side of the family has been in the hospital for over a week with different types of problems (he is 83 years old and hasn't been in good health for a few years now). Last night my cousin called me to let me know that my uncle would be going through a procedure today to remove kidney stones. At first, I was thinking the traditional ways they are helped along to pass but she went on to tell me that it was going to be an operation. The doctor told the family that in his two kidneys he has a total of 6 stones and 4 of them are the size of GOLF BALLS! GOLF BALLS! The doctor said it was the largest stones he has ever seen.

I am still baffled by it all...hell can you imagine the incision size!

15 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Those are huge!

Sending good thoughts & {{{hugs}}} for your uncle.

1:22 PM

 
Blogger mm said...

Hi Vols! Sorry to hear about your uncle!

{{hugs}}

Welcome to blog land!

-motormouth

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Glowie said...

oh wow. *hugs* for you and your uncle

2:30 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm not on the RTVW sight, but I am a blogger. I'm a friend of Momma's. Hope you enjoy blogging as much as I have.

*hugs*

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Schnookie said...

*HUGS* I hope your uncle is doing better real soon Vols.

2:54 PM

 
Blogger Zombs said...

Doc! I am so glad you made it over here!

Sorry about your accident but I am glad you are OK and so is Kahlua.

Please feel free to link or visit whenever!

5:45 PM

 
Blogger yvonne said...

Sorry about your uncle, Doc. And welcome to the blog world. *smooch*

6:14 PM

 
Blogger Syren said...

Welcome to blogland...

Sending warm thoughts to your uncle. {{{{hugs}}}

8:47 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Woo hoo Vols!!! You got some links up there! Kewl!

9:26 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Nutz, I am going to work on my layout and add more links tomorrow. It took me a while to find exactly how to do it but everybody better watch out now! }>

9:34 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

See, it's easy once you get the hang of it!

You may link my blog if you want. I find it's easier to have all the kewl peeps linked right there for me to visit.

*smooch*

10:01 PM

 
Blogger Rose said...

Sorry about your uncle Vols.

*Waves* can I link ya? Welcome to bloggie land!

Somebody get this guy a Tshirt!

10:42 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Rose, yes you can link me! Where is my T-shirt? *wink*

10:51 PM

 
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Hiya Vols

11:17 PM

 
Blogger mm said...

I've already linked you too, vols!

2:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home