Thursday, January 05, 2006

WHEW!

I have been in a tailspin since reading the paper this morning about our local NBC affiliate thinking of not showing The Book of Daniel in my area. For those that don’t visit that other place that we talk about sometime…here is the skinny.

For those that have seen the thread over at the other place feel free to skip the next paragraph.

The local NBC affiliate received around 350 emails from Christians that were concerned that the show would be offensive to them. The Christians decided this just by viewing the 30 spots that have been airing as commercials. The affiliate invited a few of them to a viewing last night. No one else was invited and all of them said they were offended by what they saw. The affiliate will decide today on whether to run the show tomorrow night or not.

I don’t think I have ever gotten a thresd over 100 posts that quickly. Anyways, today has been a yucky day weather wise and I have the blahs. Does anyone else have the blahs?

4 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

350 e-mails???

So that's .00001% of the viewing universe--assuming the same guy didn't write once from his home and once from his job??

Don't worry, if it is this controversial it will be a "cult classic" and they will release the whole season on DVD.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I don't have the blahs. It was gorgeous today. 63 degrees & sunny. It made my (notquite)spring cleaning actually feel like spring cleaning. I am dog tired and haven't even made a dent in what I thought I'd get done!

Just popped in to say *smooch*

5:49 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

*gives Nutz the evil eye*

The sun hasn't been out all day here. Cloudy with a few flurries flying around. URGH!

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Schnookie said...

I read your thread last night and some peeps posting just really scare the hell out of me. We always end up seeing people's true colors and agendas. I mean, a frikken battle? A battle of the religions? *shudder*

12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home