Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sordid Lives

This movie was done with a very small budget with tons of laughs. It stars Olivia Newton-John, Beau Bridges, Delta Burke, Bonnie Bedelia and Leslie Jordan. The movie is about a family of rednecks that is planning their mother’s funeral. The laughs are continuous as they argue their way through.

This movie has a classic cult following here in the south as most of the things are so redneck but we all have family members just like them. I bet if any of you watch the movie you will be placing your own family members in the actors roles.

Here is what the DVD jacket says of the movie:

The hilariously sordid details about a southern family surface with a vengeance when relatives converge for the funeral of “Grandma Peggy,” who died after tripping over her lover’s wooden legs! Toss in a couple of feuding, big-haired daughters, a jumpy aunt who just quit smoking, the scorned neighbor from hell, and crazy, cross-dressing “Brother Boy” (Leslie Jordan) – and you’ve got an outrageous “train wreck you can’t help but watch!”

I give it a 4 out of 5 for it’s slap stick comedy.

5 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

I will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip.

Nutz <--- really doesn't want to go teach her class tonight. *sigh*

Only 2 1/2 more weeks!!! ...then it's freedom for a whole month!

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

Vols,

What do you think of my man candy:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2684/1678/320/bonusbild.jpg

4:47 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

Vols,

I thought you would like it. LOL! I sent that to you and HD.

I need a mentor. Who can help me put my peeps links on my sidebar?

5:23 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Sonya,

I am going use "[" instead of "<" so you can follow along...hopefully.

Go to the page where you create a new post. Look for the tab at the top that says "template" and click on it.

In the box below look for:

[MainOrArchivePage]
[h2 class="sidebar-title"]Links[/h2]

Just below that you will see how the links are set up. Use the exact same html and just place the actual web site in the center of the html line.

7:08 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

Sonya,

On my template this is almost to the bottom of the page.

7:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home