Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My first real rant

Well, I guess I jumped the gun on feeling better yesterday, as today I haven’t been off the couch. I think I may be flirting with the flu because I have been hurting all over today and don’t have any symptoms of a cold (sneezing, runny nose and/or coughing). However, lying on the couch brings up today’s rant.

Years ago when Jerry Springer came on late night TV, I would watch just to see which guy had just slept with a tranny and didn’t know it was a guy. It was a good laugh and I always thought the show was staged. Has anyone watched lately? I was flipping channels while trying to go into my Nyquil induced coma and came across the show this morning. I was going to see if it was like it used to be…it isn’t. This is such a horrible horrible show! Today’s show title? I slept with your son and husband too! The show had more bleeps than words and the fighting was continuous…as in they never sat in chairs like they used to and the fist fighting was encouraged. The audience encouraged the good-looking chicks to flash their tits in which they did and there is also a stripper pole on stage. The audience encouraged a girl to dance around it at one point. It was the most pathetic thing I think I have ever witnessed.

During the same time I flipped over to Maury and he had a paternity test show with young women trying to determine who the father of their children are. I have two things to ask. How many men have these young women slept with to not know who the father of their children is? Does Maury ever have a show that isn’t a paternity test show?

Why are these shows on the air and who is watching to make sure they stay on our airwaves? And some people from that other place say gays are destroying the sanctity of marriage…boggle! Have any of them watched these shows?

6 Comments:

Blogger ukrocks said...

Hope you feel better Vols!

5:05 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

I found out the same thing with Jerry not to long ago. You are so right. My other half had to go to the doctor today. He is sick too.

5:25 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Hubby watches Springer every time he is home during the week and every Friday (that's his day off).

He says he watches it to make his own life look good! *rolls eyes*

It's totally stupid to me! I wouldn't waste my time.

8:53 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh... hi ukrocks!

8:53 PM

 
Blogger mm said...

I can't stomach either show anymore, though when I did (years ago) they did make *my* life seem much better. I didn't even know Springer was still on. I just hope little kids aren't watching it. Yikes.

2:29 AM

 
Blogger Schnookie said...

Yep. Springer is sick! It really scares me to know that there are so many people who love the show.

I noticed the paternity thing abour Maury a couple of weeks ago. We just got cable for our tv downstairs so I don't have the on-screen channel guide. I end up just going from channel to channel. Everytime I see Maury, it's about paternity. Another sicko! I'm surprised Connie hasn't divorced him yet.

Sure hope you are feeling better real soon Vols. *gentle hugs*

9:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home