Monday, December 05, 2005

Holiday Gifts

To all those reading that also visits that other place will remember (or maybe you won’t) that my family was recently united with cousins that we never knew we had from New York. To make a long story short for those that don't know how it went down:

My dad lived with two of his cousins for the first 8 years of his life. At that point the two boys mother moved to New York City and took the boys with them. For 62 years my family wondered what happened to them but as of this past summer one of the boys (now a 70 year old man) reunited with all his family here. One of the boys fell out of sight but last heard from he was in New York City but no one has any idea where. The man that was reunited with us has 4 children and all of them are married and with children themselves.

My mom made so many pictures at the family reunion we had and most of them were very nice. So, she took 12 of the best pictures and had them made into a 2006 calendar and will be sending one to each family as a holiday gift. I have an uncle that is really in bad shape and relies on my mother for just about everything (paying bills, keeping up with paperwork and things like that) and he has asked her if she will get something to send to the families as a gift. My mom and I are at a loss. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

How about putting all the pics on a disk and send out to each family member? Who doesn't love pics and memories? The calendar idea sounds wonderful.

2:25 PM

 
Blogger arkie said...

I think red dobie's idea is good. Send them all something unique to Tennessee.

12:09 AM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I was going to say Hickory Farms type stuff, but Tenessee stuff would be better!

That Dobie is smaht!

8:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home