Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Suntrust will be losing a customer soon (I hope)

I am so upset I could bite a nail. I gots to vent here:

[rant] Back in the mid-90’s I was dating a guy that worked at Suntrust bank and he talked me into moving my banking accounts to them. As a result (of the dating), I refinanced my house through Suntrust as well. In 1999, I had some things that had to be upgraded and fixed around the house so I took out an equity line of credit with them as well.

Just to fill you in on some things, I have a friend in the lending industry and he runs my credit at least once a year and it is excellent. I have never been late on any major payment of any kind since I bought my house (1992). All of my house payments and equity payments are paid online and usually paid a day or two in advance to the due date…not the “pay this amount after” date. BEFORE THE DUE DATE!

Well, I had paid the equity line down to a very small amount and over the summer again thought I would take from the equity line to pay off bills that had higher interest rates and just do things around the house. I didn’t max it out but it was close. We are talking less that $10,000 total. Since then, the amount of the loan payment is about $105 a month more than it was previously.

So, I pay all of my bills online that will allow me to pay and the equity line is one of those accounts. Keep in mind…this is a Suntrust loan using Suntrust as a bank account that is paying off the loan. My payment was due on January 18th…14 days ago. I didn’t update the loan amount (it just slipped my mind) in my online banking account so Suntrust was short paid by $105.

As you all know my uncle died last Friday and I was pretty much consumed with that over the weekend. However, I noticed that I had received numerous calls from an 804 area code on Saturday that matched a couple of calls that I had received last Wednesday and Thursday (6-7 days after the bill was short paid). I was just getting out of the shower this morning and the same number appeared on my caller ID so I answered.

The man on the other end of the line was a representative from Suntrust that demanded to know when I was going to make a payment and for how much. This hit me so hard that I started shaking I was so upset…I could understand if they had not been paid anything or if I had been a bad customer. Furthermore, there is enough money in my checking account to pay off the entire line of credit! But yet, it was important for them to demand a payment immediately. I would hate to be a bad customer for them. I still don’t understand why they didn’t approach me with saying they were going to remove the dollar amount from my checking account if they didn’t get a payment by a certain date. The man demanded an amount again and I hung up on him!

Needless to say, once I find a new job and get my finances flowing at a better rate Suntrust will no longer be my banking company! [/rant]

10 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Banks can so piss you off. You are a loyal customer and what do you get in return? A headache. That is about it.

P.S. I wrote something for you in momma's post.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

In which forum?

3:00 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

http://mommastime.blogspot.com/

Zombs and I are fighting over you now.

LOL!

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

Maybe it will make you feel better!

3:13 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Egads! How retarded! It *boggles* my mind how stupid banks can be, but they will tell you crap like "well, the loan department has nothing to do with the checking accounts department". It's just stupid! ...and usually, they will send you a late notice in the mail before they will call your home.

Stupid!

*smooches*

3:15 PM

 
Blogger Schnookie said...

It's a horrible thing Vols. That's why we continue banking at our local "small" bank. Whenever there is any question about something, they always call us to see how they can help us.

*HUGS*

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Bravie said...

Find a Credit Union if you can. I love my bank and it's a Credit Union.

6:42 PM

 
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Aaaagh! Banks can be so evil. Customer service is not their strong point. I had an account at PNC when I lived in Philadelphia. They screwed me over once so I withdrew all but $1. They have been maintaining that $1 account for years now because I refuse to close it. Asshats.

7:26 PM

 
Blogger volsfan said...

LOL Alec! Good idea about leaving $1 in the account. HEHEHEHE!

8:21 PM

 
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Bloody hell. This reminds me I have to go yell at my bank about some stuff as well.

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home