Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The high school years

From the meeting in the hospital waiting room, my life would be changed forever! I had no idea just how important that moment in time would be and really didn’t realize the biggest part of it until I starting thinking back to write this.

The summer of ’79 was spent getting to know almost every aspect of each other’s lives. We truly became one as we hardly ever did anything separately. I remember at one point our parents actually asked us to start doing things with them as a family and to cool it a little bit.

Through the next couple of years we managed to get more of a grip on the friendship and enjoy other friends as well. Fast forward to my sophomore year in high school (1982) as my hormones began to kick in and the sexual fantasies really started! During this year in school D played football and I played basketball and we started making other friends and meshing them into our own little group EXCEPT one guy that D refused to let the rest of us be friends with.

It was a guy (I will call T) on the football team and was the smallest person on the squad. The times I was around him, I always got the feeling he looked at me as “the other” guy and wasn’t too friendly. One night when D spent the night with me he told me that T wasn’t too vocal about his feelings as far as what he thought of me but he told me that T was jealous of our friendship and he (T) wanted the same type friendship with D as I had with him. D was very open about not wanting that to happen because D told me we had too much in common and lived through too much for change to occur. This was the first time I ever realized just how important D was to my life and happiness. It was a big thing for D to talk this way and something that I was really pleased with as well.

This was the first night that D showed any type of affection for me. We had our chat in the early evening and we had rented videos to watch but we had planned on staying up all night to watch them. I will never forget the way it all happened and how innocent we were but how good it all felt. We were watching “Journey To The Center Of The Earth” and we were both sitting on the sofa. It was fairly warm weather because we both had on shorts and t-shirts and as the movie progressed D kept moving closer to me until finally our legs were touching. D slowly moved his hand to rest on my leg and I was shaking so much I thought it would show but I reached down and grabbed his hand. We sat there the entire movie holding hands and every now and then D would reach over with his other hand and gently stroke my hand in his hand.

Nothing sexual happened between us until the next year (1983) when D was spending the night with me again. He was all excited that his mom let him buy bikini underwear and he surprised me as we were getting ready for bed and comes out of the bathroom wearing them! To be honest, the look really took my breath. Here this drop dead gorgeous guy is standing in the middle of my bedroom in bikini underwear and I was speechless. I remember him saying, “Well, what do you think?” At this point in time I had already decided that I wasn’t going to hold back anything and I said, “Do you really want to know?” He said, “Sure!”

Keep in mind that I had already gotten out of the bathroom and was in bed under the covers wearing my typical “tighty whities”. As D stood in the middle of the room, I slowly removed the covers to reveal just how excited I was. I looked at him and said, “Does that answer your question?” He didn’t seem surprised at all and I was very happy to give up my virginity that night or at least my oral virginity. We played around with each other with hands going everywhere until I felt his warm wet lips and I just about jumped out of the bed. I was having feelings that I had no clue existed or could exist.

This scene played out numerous times through 1983 and I was head over heels in love before I knew what being in love was. D seemed just as in love as I was but we didn’t really talk openly about our feelings. This was the year that D and I talked about keeping our little “thing” secret as we would both try and find girlfriends to help “keep it under cover”.

The T issue never went away but he did remain friends with D. I always suspected that something was going between the two but I don’t think it was. However, it was during 1983 that T’s house burned and they lost everything in the fire. I felt so bad for him and his family. I remember I gave the family $100 that I had made re-upholstering car seats (this is how I made money through high school and college).

Next up: My senior year, totally losing my virginity, jealous girlfriend and the end of “my story”.

9 Comments:

Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

That holding hands part is so very sweet.

5:56 PM

 
Blogger ~Nutz said...

What a great part 2! Awww! Young teenage love. *sigh* I can't wait for the next part.

*waits*

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Glowie said...

I am loving this, Vols.

*waits for next part with Nutz*

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

I'm just strolling through real quick. Will read your story when I have a little longer. It sounds great. Comment on it later!

1:15 PM

 
Blogger mm said...

*waits impatiently for part 3*

Great story telling vols, and I agree, the hand holding was sweet.

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Seana said...

I've read both parts so far, but I'm only commenting here.

What a sweet story. Looking forward to Part 3.

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Sonya said...

I came back to read the story. I can't wait for the final part.

4:12 PM

 
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Wow. Wasn't that an exciting and exhiliratingly confusing time? You brought back so many memories for me!

6:50 PM

 
Blogger Puffy said...

skipping merrily to part 3!!!!!!

Exclamation points in your honor!!!

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home